Today Canonical announced the availability of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS including full support for z Systems and LinuxONE. Welcome to the platform!
Besides bringing tons of packages there is a fundamental change in pricing. It's no longer IFL based but rather based on a drawer. See the Ubuntu blog entry below.
Link collection to useful information:
- IBM tested platform site updated with Ubuntu 16.04 (supported on zEC12 and z13 architectures)
- IBM Ubuntu marketing web site with shiny videos
- IBM documentation for Ubuntu 16.04
- Posting on the ubuntu-announce mailing list
- Ubuntu blog entry "Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for IBM LinuxONE and IBM z Systems is now available!" including the new pricing scheme
- Ubuntu 16.04 release notes
- LinuxONE and z Systems known issues
- Ubuntu 16.04 download site
- Ubuntu 16.04 alternative download